Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sometimes a song can touch a nerve- John Michael Montgomery


It's weird how the random things can sneak up on you. Sometimes these things cause tears, but sometimes they cause laughter. Sometimes I hear a song and can't change it quickly enough, and then there are those times when Trent says something and it sounds like Wes. This boy is growing up to be just like all the best parts of his daddy. Wes was a prankster and LOVED to scare the mess right out of me. He also loved to stay on my last nerve...it was a place that gave him the greatest joy. I am one of "those" people who like my bed straight and my pillows fluffed when I lay down. I would actually make the bed before I got in it. Wes could care less. As long as he had a place to lay and 2 pillows he was content. Every night was the same routine. He always beat me to bed, I would straighten my side, fluff my pillows, and when I was just about to put my head on my pillow he would punch it right in the center. He LOVED it, and did it every night. Speaking of pillows, he use to have this rubber snake he found in a chicken coop of our first house together. One night I went to fluff and there was that snake, right smack dab in the center of my 2 pillows. Good grief!!! That snake got me several times. One time I went to take a shower, and pulled back the shower curtain and there was that stupid snake again. Staring at me from the drain. You would think I would get use to that rubber snake, but it got me every time. When we moved into our last house we had a pool. That snake was always being found in the pool or hot tub. I finally got use to seeing it in the pool so the last time I thought I saw it was no big deal. Well guess what...it was REAL!!!! Wes laughed until he cried.

He loved to scare me too. He was always bribing me to watch scary movies with him with a date night. Guess what...I never got the date nights. He begged me for months to watch Paranormal Activity with him. I finally gave in. We rented it one night and watched it at home. I was curled up on the couch and had my blanket up to my eyes. I cried the entire movie, and then slept with a lamp on for 2 weeks. Before this movie I always slept with one leg out of the covers to keep me cool. Not now. I sweat when I sleep now because I am afraid a goblin will pull me off the bed. I am a wimp, I know. The best he ever got me was when he made me watch Mirrors with him. It is a movie that when you look in a mirror something shows up with you and kills you. FREAKY!!! Well after the movie I was proud of myself because I didn't cry. I decided I was going to take a shower and head to bed. Wes told me he had to use the restroom first. When he was done I took a nice, hot shower. When I got out of the shower I looked at the steamy mirror and it had written on it "I can see you!" I screamed and ran, almost leaving a hole in the shape of me on the door. I am a very modest person, but I was running through the house soaking wet and without a towel. All the lights in the house were off. I ran to Wes' chair and hid underneath his blanket. I'm sitting there crying and hollering Wes' name when I hear chuckles coming from our kitchen in the back of the house. Apparently when he used the restroom before my shower he also had put deodorant on his finger and wrote the message on the mirror. This was his favorite story to tell. I'll admit, it's funny now, but it wasn't then.

My jokester. I sure do miss him. I miss his laugh. I miss his voice even when he is making fun of me. I miss him punching my pillows. I even miss his snore. Weird thing...Trent started snoring like his daddy last week. I thought I was being robbed. It literally sounded like someone was dragging furniture across the floor. He is also becoming a jokester like his daddy. God bless Trent. He keeps his daddy's memory alive in our house.

Screams and giggles,
Stella


No comments:

Post a Comment