Wednesday, November 7, 2012

You can't run from love that's meant to be- Stoney LaRue


I feel as if my eyes have been opened into a whole new world. Things I use to be blind to I now see clearly. Some of these things I wish I still couldn't see. I wish I couldn't see the pain. There is pain in this world I never knew existed. Pain I have felt and have seen my son feel. That is the worst part, watching him hurt. I now understand what my parents felt every time they told me they wish they could take away my hurt. I wish I could take it all from Trent so he didn't have to feel any of this. This little boy is my biggest blessing. I have a hard time understanding and agreeing with people when they say everything happens for a reason. What reason can there be behind all this hurt? I do however know that Wes and Trent were suppose to be in my life. Wes showed me love I never thought existed. He supported me in everything I did, and had more faith in me than I ever had in myself. Trent has taught me what unconditional love is. I cannot put into words what this little boy means to me. I see so much of Wes in Trent. The more he grows up the more of his daddy I see. He catches me off guard sometimes with the things that he says. It's almost as I am listening to Wes. Trent just got his yearbook, and there was a page in the back they could fill out. It asked them about their favorite things, friends, and wishes. Almost everything Trent wrote was about Wes. It broke my heart to read. This little boy misses his daddy so much. I know as time passes it won't be as intense, but we will always miss Wes. We will always feel cheated of time with him. We will always wonder what our lives would have been like with him here. We will always question what could have been. I will always remember that our love, our family was meant to be.

In awe of my child,
Stella


1 comment:

  1. Much love to you Stella! When Ri got his year book I was fliping the pages and my breath caught when I saw the picture of Wes and Trent at the bottom. I'm glad it's in there, it's a precious memory.

    ReplyDelete