Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it- REM

All of this hoopla about the end of the world makes me laugh. People in such a hurry to get things done and accomplished before the Apocalypse. It's all absurd to me. If I have learned anything from the past 15 months it's that you cannot predict the future. Anything can happen to anyone at any time.

Warning: the following statements may offend you, but they are just my feelings/opinions.

One thing people keep saying that I am so tired of hearing is "Everything happens for a reason." Really? So there was a reason for Wes dying? There is a reason for 20 children and 6 adults to die at the hand of another? There is a reason for all of this bad stuff? I have spent hours and hours thinking this one statement over. I have come to the conclusion that things happen because they just happen. There is no rhyme or reason for it, it just is. I do believe there is some divine intervention in somethings, but there is no reason for bad and heart breaking things to happen. It is a way for us to cope. If we can find some reason behind the bad things that happen in our lives, it makes it easier to deal with. It helps keep our faith strong, and it makes us feel invincible. Something bad happens in your life, but hey, it happened for a reason so it's easier to deal with, right? Wrong! Bad things happen because we live in an imperfect world. People die, people get hurt, and bad people do exist. It is a harsh reality, but it's one I have come to terms with. I can sit here all day and try to figure out why I am a 29 year old widow, or why my 10 year old son has to grow up without a dad, but there is no reason. Life begins and life eventually has to end. The time span between those two may be too short for some, but it happens. It just happens, not for a reason. I know to some of you I may sound like a Debbie Downer, but this has really given me some clarity in life. It has given me a reason to stop searching for the why in things, and to accept that it is what it is. It is not what I expected, nor what I wanted, but I cannot control it. I just have to do my best to keep living while I have my time on this earth, and remind my little boy everyday of how much his daddy loved him. When we stop looking for the reason behind things we can see that life is right in front of us. We can accept it or not.

Looking towards life and not for a reason,
Stella

From our family to yours...Merry Christmas


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and Trent. You both continue to be in my prayers. May God bless you this coming year. You are a remarkable young lady and I know that Wes is so very proud of you and grateful for the love you give to Trent. Keep smiling for I know that he is smiling down on you.

    ReplyDelete