Monday, December 3, 2012

Those Blue Snowflakes Start Falling- Elvis Presley

It's been a few weeks since I've posted. Life has been super busy. Between work, my graduate classes, helping my parents, and Trent's activities I barely get a moment to think. But this is life. It never slows down to give us a break. This post is just a little update on my life and the people in it.
        Before the Thanksgiving holidays my parents got in a motorcycle wreck. It was Dad's first wreck in 36 years of riding. They were very lucky. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Wes was watching over them. I think the hardest part of the wreck was Dad being next to the room that Wes was in that final morning at St. E. It really didn't click were I was until I walked right past that room. It was a hard night, and they will have a long recovery. They are doing much better now.
       This weekend I also had a very close friend lose her father. It was so hard to see her feel that pain. I wished I could take every bit of it away. Any unexpected death of a love one is very hard to deal with. Believe me, I know. I am so impressed with my friend. She is an amazing person, and so very strong. Instead of looking at the situation as time lost with her dad, she is focusing on the blessing of having him live with her for the past several weeks. She immediately saw the blessing of time with her father. I have learned a lot from this person. She has an unshakable faith in God. She never judges me for questioning my beliefs after Wes' death. She has an unconditional love for her family and friends. I am so privileged to have her in my life. Keep my friend in your prayers as she deals with the death of her father.
       Christmas time is upon us. The hustle and bustle of shopping and cooking. Last year the only Christmas spirit I had was for Trent. I am putting forth a stronger effort this year. I've done more decorating. I'm watching Christmas shows with Trent. We are even going to a Christmas play. I am not only trying to make Christmas special for my son, but this year I am trying to make it special for me too. I've put myself last in almost everything this past year. I have finally realized that taking care of me means sometimes putting myself first. Trent's needs will always come before my own, but I need to take care of me too. For Christmas, that is what I am giving myself; the permission to think about me every now and then. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and you take some time out from shopping to spend with your family and friends. They are the best gifts we will ever receive.

Merry Christmas,
Stella

I am getting into the Christmas spirit, but not yet ready for Christmas music. Here is a cool light show to something other that a Christmas song. VERY cool!!!!




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad our mutual friend is so strong, has such unerring faith, and had managed to see the positive in these last few weeks. She also has you to lean on. Glad your blog is back on FB, couldn't find it through the other link. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete