Monday, December 24, 2012

The time of the year to be with the one you love- Charles Brown


This was the first song Wes and I ever danced to together. It became our Christmas song. Every Christmas we danced to it. It didn't matter where, the last time we danced to it together we were in our kitchen. I think that was the best one. It is the second Christmas without him. I think it's harder this year than last. Maybe last year I was still in shock. I see my friends and family who have a spouse or significant other during this holiday season. I miss having him here. I miss having him to share in all the Christmas traditions. I am now Santa by myself, I hide the Elf on the shelf by myself, I shop by myself, all of the behind the scenes things parents do, I do alone. I try and make Christmas great for Trent so he doesn't focus on Wes not being here. I try to hide my tears from everyone. I try not to stare too long at the happy couples. I try to be myself in front of everyone, but on the inside I wish I could just sleep through these coming days. Wes and Trent use to have a shopping day together where they would go buy my gift. For the past 2 years I have had homemade gifts from Trent under the tree. They are the best gifts I have ever received besides him. I thought this year would be easy because last year wasn't too bad, but as the day approaches I can't help but be a little sad. If I could have only one thing, I think I would ask to just talk with him. Even just to hear his voice. I'm not really sure what I expect to get out of this blog. Maybe it's a way for me to get everything out of my head. Hopefully it will help someone who is struggling in their own way. For today and tomorrow, I just want people to appreciate those they are surrounded by. These people that we spend our lives with are precious. Every second with them is a gift. Say an extra "I love you", hold each other a little longer, forget about the presents...the best gifts in our lives are the ones we spend our lives with.

Merry Christmas,
Stella


Our last Christmas...2010

3 comments:

  1. Christmas Blessings on you and yours.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella,
    I love your blog. You are an amazing woman that I know Wes is looking down from heaven, smiling for all you have done for Trent. May God give you comfort and strength to come through this holiday season and just know Wes will always be with you in spirit.
    Merry Christmas to you and Trent.
    Sandra Womack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella I don't know if it will ever get any easier because I think we will always think of the ones we love and miss so much during the holidays. I dont know what its like to lose a spouse but I think of Mimi so much and gosh I miss her especially during christmas. I think of her when im buying gifts amd remember the one thing we always got her every year was some lotto tickets amd chocolate covered cherries. And remember every year she made sure I got a homemade pumpkin pie. Sometimes sure you feel like you have to put on a "happy face" and go on wih ypur day.even though you may not feel like it. Itz pk to show your emotions. Thinkinv of you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete