Monday, October 8, 2012

Life Ain't Always Beautiful- Gary Allen

Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' it sweet time

[chorus]
No,life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

Life aint always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way


But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride

This was the song we played at Wes' funeral during his slideshow. The night he passed away I couldn't sleep, and neither could my sister-in-law. We sat on the back porch watching the deer and listened to music. There was a peace on the porch that night. When this song came on we both new it was the song. This song not only was a representation of what was going on in our lives, but it was also one of Wes' life. Wes had always struggled with his health, but he never let it discourage him. He was one of the bravest people I knew. We talked about our plans for if he ever got sick again, and he told me he wanted me to keep our lives going, and to provide stability for our son. I knew if he got sick I could handle it. We were never prepared for what really happened, but I still try everyday to follow his wishes.
This past year has really opened my eyes to the world around me. I have experienced a life most people won't. I see things completely different now. I now really understand that no one is promised tomorrow. Don't put things off. If there is something you want to do, just do it. If you have a dream, make it happen. If you love someone, tell them. If you are angry, work it out. Don't put anything off. Live life to the fullest. 
I have chosen this year to really focus on family. I consider family the one I grew up in, the one I married into, and the incredible group of friends who have stuck by my side. I am a pretty lucky person to have such amazing people in my life. People keep telling me how strong I am, but they don't see that it is really my family who makes me strong. They encourage me, and on days I'm too weak they help hold me up. 
I know I face struggles ahead. I know I will have my good days and my bad. I know I will have my family behind me 100%, and I know I have someone pretty special watching over me. I know my life won't always be beautiful, but with these people beside me I know I can continue on my journey. 

Wishing you family and love,
Stella Greer

1 comment:

  1. You're an amazing Mother and woman. I could never imagine what you've gone through. Trent is a handsome young man and is so lucky to have you in his life. I keep both of y'all in my prayers nightly. Stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete